Contact us for a FREE Assessment and Quote
A simple way to go solar. And save on energy costs.
With demand for electricity rising, right along with energy costs, a typical homeowner can easily spend hundreds of dollars a month on utility bills, which can be the equivalent of a house payment. The bulk of a home’s energy costs, up to 56%,* comes from heating and cooling. Fortunately, there’s a bright spot.
The SunSource® Home Energy System puts you in control of your monthly bills by creating and using solar energy, reducing your need for electricity from your utility provider. Solar energy generated by the system is first used to power your heat pump or air conditioner. When your heating and cooling system is not in use, the solar energy can operate other appliances and electronics. Any excess energy that’s not needed will be sent back to the utility company, possibly entitling you to a credit.Power from the sun also has major benefits for the environment. It reduces the need for electricity generated by power plants, which in turn leads to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions. Heating and Cooling Costs56%U.S. Household Energy Consumption
More efficient than a home comfort system
As a home energy system, complete with a solar-ready heat pump or air conditioner and solar panels, SunSource is different from a typical home comfort system in that it harnesses the abundant, clean and completely free energy of the sun to reduce your home’s utility operating costs.
Simpler and more affordable than a home solar system
The cornerstone of the SunSource Home Energy System is a high-efficiency air conditioner or heat pump from the Dave Lennox Signature® Collection. These units come solar-ready, which means they can be easily integrated with solar panels in a solar energy system, if and when you want one. You can start small, with one or two modules, and add more (up to 15 total, per outdoor unit) when budget permits.
30% of the cost of the Solar Panels, including installation, may be offset by government tax credits.** You may also receive up to a $1500 tax credit*** for the solar-ready heat pump or air conditioner that’s at the heart of the system. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
The system may also qualify for state and local tax credits, as well as rebates and other incentives from local utility companies.
* U.S. Department of Energy statistics.
** The SunSource Home Energy System meets the requirements for federal tax credits listed under the U.S. Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, covering 30% of the cost of the solar panels, including installation.
*** To learn more, review the actual IRS specifications for each credit, visit the “Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency” section at www.energystar.gov.brilliant
How the system works to reduce your utility costs
The SunSource® Home Energy System allows you to tap into the utility-saving benefits of solar. Here’s how:
- One to 15 solar panels* harness clean, sustainable energy from the sun and send it to a SunSource® Solar-Ready heat pump or air conditioner.
- Solar energy is first used to meet heating and cooling demands. When the heat pump or air conditioner isn’t running, the system powers lighting, appliances and other electronics in the home. Any surplus power goes back to your utility company for a possible credit.**
- A communication module allows you to see how your home energy system is working to lower your utility operating costs. It also shows the environmental benefits of using renewable energy for your home.
SunSource Solar-Ready outdoor unit – Offers many innovative features beyond solar technology designed to deliver optimal comfort and efficiency. Four models are available:
- XP21/XC21– The most quiet and efficient heat pump and central air conditioner you can buy***
- Two-stage operation, combined with exclusive SilentComfort™ technology, allows the units to run at low speed most of the time to maximize comfort and efficiency, while reducing sound levels
- Efficiency ratings of up to 21.00 SEER†
- XP17/XC17– The most efficient single-stage heat pump and central air conditioner you can buy††
- Engineered with exclusive SilentComfort™ technology
- Efficiency ratings of up to 18.00 SEER†
Solar panels – Unlike typical solar panel systems, which have one large inverter for the complete array, each SunSource module has its own scaled-down microinverter that converts solar energy into usable electrical power. This has three key advantages:
- A dedicated microinverter for each module allows a higher capture of solar energy, compared to traditional single-inverter systems.‡
- You have the flexibility to start small and add more modules at a later date for greater energy savings.
- Any issue that might affect one module, like tree shading or cloud cover, doesn’t impact the operation of other modules.Beyond efficient performance, the modules offer superb durability and aesthetics:
- Modules are weather- and impact-resistant.
- Modules can be installed nearly flush on a south- facing roof.
- Modules can be easily maintained and serviced.
Communication module – Sends performance information for each solar panel to a website, where you can view system status.
Performance-monitoring website‡‡ – This website gives you 24/7 access to real-time data showing system status, energy production, and environmental benefits, including carbon offsets. Monitoring service is provided free for five years.
*Per outdoor SunSource Solar-Ready unit.
**Check with the utility company in your area, as credits are determined and regulated on a state-by-state basis.
***A combination of sound ratings established per AHRI’s test standard: 270; and efficiency ratings established per AHRI’s test standard: ANSI/AHRI 210/240-2008.
† The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is a cooling efficiency rating for air conditioners and heat pumps. The higher the SEER, the better the energy performance, the more you save.
†† Efficiency claim based on comparison of single-stage air conditioning products’ SEER as published in AHRI (December 2009). Actual system combination efficiency may vary. Consult a Lennox Dealer or AHRI (www.ahridirectory.org) for exact system efficiencies.
‡ According to tests conducted by Enphase Energy, Inc.
‡‡Performance-monitoring website provided by an independent third party, Enphase Energy, Inc.
Featured Products And Services
Visit our showroom
Testimonials View All
© 2018 All Rights Reserved. Developed by ConsultPR.
Serving South Bay Area and Surrounding areas, including San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Los Altos Hills, Milpitas, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Palo Alto, Morgan Hill, San Martin, Gilroy, Santa Clara, Redwood City, Atherton, San Carlos, Monte Sereno, Stanford, Foster City, Belmont.